What's in your shopping cart?


I usually don’t share my dreams with the World Wide Web but I think this dream will truly bless someone.
This morning I had a dream that I was in the grocery store checking out.  When I was done paying for everything, I noticed three bags left on the conveyor belt. One of the bags had fruit in them. I looked at my cart but it was filled to capacity. I tried to figure out how I was going to fit those last three bags into my cart….then I woke up.

I wrote the dream down in my journal along with the other one I had.  As I was making the bed, God gave me the meaning of it.  He said “You’re full of junk and you don’t have room for what you really need.  You’re trying to figure out how to add what you should already have.  You are leaving out that which will nourish you”
That revelation hit me like a ton of bricks. It definitely has a physical meaning for me but more so spiritual.  I had a nice chat with God on my way to South Plainfield, NJ last night.  I was about to ask God how I can be a better Christian but I had to stop myself because I knew the answer. I need to do the basics first. I needed to pray more, study more and spend more time with Him. Could those be the three bags that were left on the conveyor belt? Hmmmmmm.  Well then what was the junk?  How about: twitter, facebook, TV, work, family. I’m not saying any of that is bad or is junk, but when I’m letting it fill up my spirit man instead of the things of God….Houston we have a problem. 

Children of God…..if you feel like you’re always run down and just so tired….check your shopping cart.  Are you filling up fast with “junk” but leaving the nourishing foods on the conveyor belt, or better yet on the shelf?  Do you KNOW that you need to empty your cart and start all over again and bypass the stuff that tastes good but isn’t good for you, and pick of those things that although maybe be hard to swallow, we know they are good for us in the long run.  Let’s dump the countless hours in front of the computer/laptop just surfing the net; let’s get off that couch; let’s stop entertaining the gossip phone calls. Let’s learn to multi-task.  If you have to be in front of the computer for a long period of time, listen to a sermon series: get that word up in you. We know that faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God.  Build your faith so that you aren’t tempted to pick up the junk soon as you enter the store.  As you’re doing your daily activities, sing a song to the Lord. Give Him some devotion time. He told us to make a joyful noise.  A noise is a sound of any kind.  A joyful noise to God is you just talking to Him.  You don’t have to be able to sing or even the best singer.  If he wanted that He would have said it.  God just wants you to talk to Him.  But we have to allow Him to nourish us. We shouldn’t figure out how to fit Him into our lives….everything must work around Him.

Lots of love
Jenelle

Comments

  1. Food for my soul this morning! Thanks Jenelle!

    Lynette

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your singing Jenelle! :-) Great as always...thanks for sharing. Def made me think...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wrestlemania....

Not Just visitation.........