An Eating Disorder? Really?

So today I was talking to one of my sisters on twitter. She asked me if I know a good recipe for vegetable lasagna. I told her I am the wrong one to ask about any kind of recipe that includes vegetables. We joked and a couple more sisters joined in saying how I much I love sugar cookies, cupcakes, ice cream & sweet tea from the Chinese food place. Then it hit me: that is nothing to brag about.  Those four things contain nothing but sugar.  Where is the sustenance? I joked them and said y’all gonna make me write a blog about this.
As I was washing the dishes, God dealt with me on this.  He was like Jenelle you have an eating disorder. *Insert record scratch sound* HOLD UP!!!!! I dropped the dish rag and looked up like “say what!” As I stood there washing the dishes, I scrubbed the plate so hard like I was trying to eliminate what God just told me.  God I HAD two eating disorders: I don’t starve myself on purpose nor do I throw my food up after I eat. So what are you talking about? He said “daughter, the way you eat and what you eat is not beneficial to your well being.  In order words you eat too much junk”.  Wait a minute; didn’t I just talk about junk in my last blog?
I’ll be honest, if I was to write down everything I ate for 7 days straight, the color green (vegetables) would about twice if that much.  I will admit my eating habits suck!  That’s the truth. Toast for breakfast, skip lunch, skim on dinner sometimes I “lucky” if I eat at all on any given day.  I don’t know why I eat the way that I do.  I mean it’s like I should be trying to replenish that which was lost all those years of battling with bulimia and anorexia.  It’s not a matter of me not wanting to get fat; I actually like my size and weight.  I think it’s about comfort. I am familiar with how certain foods taste and I am somewhat afraid to try new foods. Yes it’s boring eating the same foods day in and day out, I guess that’s why I sometimes don’t eat lol. Yea I know, wrong answer.
My body is to be used by God for his Glory.  How can God use me if I’m always tired and feeling run down? He can’t.  Sure I exercise daily but what good is that if I am not accompanying it with the proper diet. I can’t keep feeding myself junk and throw in an occasional salad here and there and expect it to do something.  God has a huge assignment for me and I can’t treat his temple this way.  He needs me spiritually and physically healthy.  God is not a God of disorder and my eating habits are not in order with God’s will for my life. 
So as I begin the journey to a right way of eating, I ask that y’all keep a sister in prayer.  Now y’all KNOW I am not eliminating my favorites from my diet LOL but I won’t be having them every day.  If you have any recipes that you think I should try, please send them my way.  Help me to be a better vessel for God’s glory.
Love you much
Jenelle

Comments

  1. Girl I'm a sweet addict. It's hard to give up, but true indeed we must supply our bodies properly or else we won't be good to anyone. You know I'm dreaming of an Entemann's Raspberry Danish right? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dopeness! And I joke as well but God has been dealing with me. And it's weird cuz i don't think about eating like that...then sometimes when I do its already 2pm and i've been up all morning. So yeapp I will do better! Thanks for sharing as always! love ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen ... I was always preaching a message called "eat your vegetables" lol this works in the natural and the spirit. GREAT BLOG!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wrestlemania....

It's Time 4 Transparency

Not Just visitation.........