F.I.T. For The Call

F.I.T. For the Call




"Have you forgotten that your body is now the sacred temple of the Spirit of Holiness, who lives in you? You don’t belong to yourself any longer, for the gift of God, the Holy Spirit, lives inside your sanctuary." 1 Corinthians 6:19- (The Passion Translation)

I enjoy my sleep!  I am a very light sleeper.  The smallest sound wakes me up and sometimes I'm up for a while after that. I wish I could be that sound sleeper, or that person that falls asleep as soon as their head hits the pillow.  But I'm not.....I digress.....Because I am a child of God, my desires (flesh) must come under subjection to Him.  So although I'd much rather stay snuggled up under the warm covers, I force myself out the bed to pray and go exercise.  Now granted, I don't have far to go to the gym (basement- Praise Jesus for that)....but it's cold down there LOL

This morning while I was working out, God told me, "take care of my instrument."  1 Corinthians 6:19 immediately came to me.  God showed me that the way He uses me, I have to be F.I.T. for the call. I am being Fortified in Training, for that which He called me to. Fortified means: to make strong; impart strength or vigor to.  It also means to strengthen mentally or morally. So what does exercise have to do with that?  
I am God's vessel, I am His oracle which means I have to be disciplined.  Everything I do in the natural transcends into the Spiritual.  I can't sleep in when I want to.   I have to discipline myself to exercise so I can have the stamina for that 10 minute song He needs me to praise dance to. I need the endurance to pray through in prophetic intercession. I can't eat the foods that I want to. If I know consuming processed foods makes me sluggish, why would I continue to eating that way?  My mind needs to be alert and focused, always ready and keen to what God is showing me.  

We are all instruments- tools by which God's glory is revealed.  Whether you are a psalmist, Pastor, usher, writer; you have been called by God.  If you are a child of God....you have been called of God.  As the saying goes "you may be the only bible someone reads".  We are created in the image of God (Gen 1:27) so we are to reflect Him in all that we do, all that we say and even all that we think.

Don't wait till you get on the battlefield to find out you aren't ready!  Get F.I.T. now so that you will have the endurance and the stamina in your call.

Meditate on this song by William McDowell and let the words truly minister to you.  I Belong To You


Be Blessed!

Hugs and Love








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wrestlemania....

Not Just visitation.........

What's in your shopping cart?