Tick Tick Tick: No Time to Waste



John 9:4-5  We must do what the one who sent me wants us to do while it is day. The night when no one can do anything is coming. As long as I’m in the world, I’m light for the world.”

Have you ever grabbed your phone to check an email or respond to a text message and you get completely side tracked?  Have you ever logged on to your social media account (pick one of the many) for a "quick" check-in, but hours later, there you are, still scrolling and sucked into the drama of the social media life?
I have!  There, feel better? Now you don't have to feel alone...or bad that you often get pulled into social media longer than you desire....

There are times when I have to force myself to do nothing because I do so much.  But the times when I should be doing something, I find myself often staring in space or aimlessly scrolling through Instagram or Facebook.  I don't know how anyone can have more then two active social media accounts.  It's overwhelming to me and I only say that because I manage a few pages on each platform.

But like the title says, 'No Time to Waste'.  One day I wrote out all the things (tasks, assignments, whatever you want to call them), that God spoke to me.  I was like wow.....that's a lot.  But not really.  It only seems a lot to someone that doesn't manage their time wisely or doesn't plan effectively. 

I challenge you to write down all the things God has told you.  It could be starting that small bible study group.  It could be your assigned prayer person that God told you to pray for every day.  It could be cleaning and organizing that room/closet that you always walk past because it's too much to handle.

What are you doing with the things God told you to do?  Here's the thing, many have become so dependent on social media that we feel like life would fall apart if we take a break for a little bit.  And by taking a break, I mean not logging on to it for a day or two or even three. 

When we show God that we are serious about His business and the assignment He's tasked us with, He's takes notice of that and looks out for our well being (Matt 6:33- Thompson translation 😉).

We need to be accountable to one another regarding the assignments God has tasked us with.  Find an accountability partner to check in with every few days or once a week.  Be open and transparent with them and tell them your goals for the week and for them to check you when you are slacking.  Have them pray for you in the areas that you need that extra push in.

I don't know about you but I don't want to be standing before God and He's looking at all the things He told me to do that weren't done because I just didn't do them. 😱

Tick, Tick, Tick: Get to work!



Hugs and Luv,


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wrestlemania....

Not Just visitation.........

What's in your shopping cart?