Lord I Love You......



This morning as I was having my QTWJ (quiet time with Jesus), I simply said, "Lord I love You". And as soon as I said it, I heard God gently say, "if you love me, keep my commands." (John 14:15).  All is could say was "yes my Lord."


It was a gentle reminder to me, and to us all that love is an action word.  While it's nice to tell God how much we love Him, it's another thing to SHOW Him that we love Him.  We show that we love Him by being obedient.  We show Him we love Him by our service.  We show we love Him by feeding the hungry, clothing the naked, and sheltering the homeless.  We show we love Him by loving our fellow brothers and sisters in spite of what they do or say to us.  We show Him we love Him through our worship.


God doesn't just want to HEAR our love for Him, He wants to SEE it!  The same way you show your spouse or your children or someone you care about how much you love them, God desires that too.  The same way you go out of your way for that person, God wants you to go out of your way to show Him your love for Him.


So many times, things have become routine.  We say things in our prayer time out of habit.  Even our prayer time becomes habit (that's another blog for another time 😏).   We must stop giving God lip service.  Meaning we say what we think He wants to hear but we aren't backing it up.  My husband says something all the time: "talk is cheap, I'm trying to get expensive".  Meaning, the way we get expensive is by backing up our talk; putting some motion and action to the words we speak.


I challenge you that the next time you begin to form the words 'Lord I love You', can you confidently say it because you are also showing Him your love as well?


Be
blessed





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wrestlemania....

What's in your shopping cart?

In the Stillness